=== Top of the Swiki === Attachments ===
Squeak is a free dialect of Smalltalk-80 with a portable implementation, liberal license terms, open development model, and a unique Place in the Universe. A growing community of Squeak developers and users meet here to share facts and pointers to other Squeak related websites. This discussion is an annex to Squeak.org and its mirror, The Squeak Homepage at UIUC. You can modify any page here, and add your questions, answers, and examples of Squeak code -- read help (above) to learn how.
About this Wiki
This site is a Wiki, which means that there is no designated editor. If you see a way to improve the site, feel free to do it yourself!
Don't know what a Wiki is? I didn't either, 'til I came here and edited this page. You too can learn more about Wikidom from some of these great pages:
Getting Started with Squeak:
- Who's Who: Pages describing individual people interested in Squeak. Add your name here!
- Squeak Email List The real discussions take place on the Squeak email list.
- Squeak Sites -- other good websites with Squeak content
- Squeak Groups Information about Squeak user groups located by region or other interests
- SqueakEnd '00 -- reports from a gathering of Squeakers in Santa Barbara, March 2000
- SqueakEast '00 -- plans to have such a gathering on the east coast
Programming in Squeak
Jr Summit and Nation 1:
- (added by Alan Kay) Follow this link Nation 1 to a swiki page that will help you learn about swikis, and how they might be useful to Nation 1.
All of Ward Cunningham's original Squeak Wiki (http://c2.com:8080/WelcomeVisitors) is now available here, starting at WelcomeVisitors. Thanks to Bob Arning who did the conversion effort!
Remember, you can add to this site!
Let us know what you think ... .